Sunday, August 4, 2013
Exciting weekends ....?
One would think that weekends and Friday nights would be exciting and fantastic for a single girl in her 30s....quite the opposite.
Is it bad that I look forward to Monday because I get to go to work and talk with someone other than the cashier at Safeway? Weekends as a 33 year old single girl (living in a small town) are so boring. I have literally caught myself counting the hairs on my head :/
When I was younger, in my 20s, there were plenty of things to do as a single girl. Going out with friends from college, hitting the bars and clubs or a houseparty. Always something to do and someone to do it with.
Now that I am in my 30s the bar scene is something you couldn't pay me to do, and college friends have slowly disappeared or are at home with their significant other and children. Leaving us single girls, sorry, women, alone with noone to do anything with.
What do you do?
I've tried going out and doing things alone, with the hopes of running into someone - be it another single 30-something year old woman to do things with or a man that could be a potential date. I feel out of place and uncomfortable. And I feel like I become that weird girl that doesn't "need" a man and is perfectly fine doing things on her own. Which I am, but that is a huge turn off to men, so I've figured out. They want us to need them. Just....not too much. OMG drama queens they seem to be. Just like how they are attracted to us when we don't show them attention, but are turned off when we do.
Are there many single 30 year old women out there that are going through the same thing as me? Wishing so badly to find mister right but knowing full well that unless he literally shows up on your doorstep and reaches for the same jug of milk at the grocery store that it will never happen? Knowing that you need to get out to meet someone but hate the bars and can't think of many other ideas? I tell ya....when I am out somewhere I make it a long slow walk back to my car trying to look my prettiest and looking around hopefully that some guy will notice me and just have to come ask me out for coffee. ugh...that sounded stupid as soon as I wrote it.
anyways...I'm sure noone will read this. Or see this. Or sympathize/empathize with me.
Hope your weekend is more exciting than mine.
J
xox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment